An IP or Internet Protocol address is a unique address which is given to your PC or mobile device whenever you log onto the Internet. The address is used to identify specific users and is maintained by the Internet Service provider. An IP address is also used as a means for communication between your device and other devices and web applications you connect with.
IP addresses are typically delivered in two versions because of the increased number of devices connecting to the Internet. The two versions are the result of more than four billion IPv4 addresses which are currently becoming in short supply. Because of the shortage, a new version known as IPv6 has been established to meet the demand for more IP addresses.
IP Address Modern UI app for Windows 8 helps you to manage and keep track of your IP address regardless if you are connected to an IPv4 or an IPv6 network. The app prevents you from having to constantly figure out what your IP address is.
- IP Address allows you to keep track of your IP address using two different functions which include the Live Tile or the Lock Screen Badge.
- There are additional customizations such as the IPv6 settings switch that allow you to turn off information regarding an IPv6 connection to make IPv4 data easier to view and for ease of use with Hyper-V.
- The Lock Screen Badge provides you with a way to easily view both local and external IP addresses on the app screen. When your Internet connection changes to another IP address, the background color on the app changes to capture your attention before it displays the new address.
- IP Address also offers you a Live Tile feature that allows you to see the information directly from the Start screen in Windows 8. The tile will also automatically update to your current local IP address and Network Address Translation (NAT) external IP addresses.
- IP Address lets you view the total number of network connections which are currently available in your location.
- IP Address is available in two languages which include English and Russian.
- IP Address has a modest download size of 36 kilobytes (KB).
- You can use the IP Address Monitor app with x86, x64, and ARM platforms.
- We are always open to user feedback. If you have any thoughts about the app – let us know and we will make sure that the next version will always be better than the current.
You can email your feedback and comments to us by writing to [email protected]
Click here for IP Address technical support.